Tuesday 18 March 2014

RPHC4002 Waste - First Test Shots

For my first set of test shots I decided to use my Nikon digital camera. First, I located a lady with two dogs sitting in a doorway. After introducing myself and explaining what I wanted to do, I took two shots. I am pleased with them, although they probably would have been better if they were closer so that you could read the expression in her eyes showing her despair. However, I wanted to make sure I got the dogs in the photo.

Next I located a man sat outside a shop. He was quite clearly drunk, but didn't mind when I asked if I could photograph him. I really like the pose of this one. He looks very relaxed with his legs straight out in front of him. It seems as though he is past caring about anything.

I took the both sets of images in colour. I then edited them so that they were black and white to create the feeling of being in the darker and sinister world they have to inhabit.  Overall, I am happy with both sets, but they could have been improved if there was less reflection in the glass behind the subjects. 











No comments:

Post a Comment